New plans and cost for community center
Legacy Final Cost Estimates 6-25-19
Paris Community Center_5.14.19
- The Committee will meet on the second Wednesday of every month at 6:30 pm at the Paris Town Hall.
- All meeting shall be posted and open to the public.
- Meeting notices and meeting minutes will be posted on the Town of Paris website.
- Public input shall be welcome and solicited.
- Every three months, the Legacy Committee will report to the Town Board at the regular, monthly Town Board Meeting.
- The Legacy Committee does not have a budget. There will be no spending without prior Town Board approval.
- The Legacy Committee shall explore options for a community development and present them to the Paris Town Board.
- The Paris Town Board shall select and/or reject any such options and shall hold final decision making authority.
Any questions or concerns you have should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paris Legacy Committee April 11,2018 Minutes
Paris Legacy Committee.May 9th, 2018
Paris Legacy Committee.July 11th, 2018
Paris Legacy Committee.September 12 2018
Paris Legacy Committee.October 10, 2018
Paris Legacy Committee November 2018
Paris Legacy Committee March 2019
On behalf of the Town of Paris and the Town Board appointed Legacy Committee, the Town of Paris Plan Commission hosted a presentation and open house on February 25, 2019 to share with the community several possible projects that have been suggested from the committee’s investigation and community input. The purpose of this open house was to share a concept plan, present sample budgets and receive feedback and suggestions from the community. No action was taken at this meeting – this meeting was held for the sharing of information and ideas.
The intent of the Legacy Committee is to present possible plans as a starting point for community discussion and input. To view the conceptual plans for potential town projects researched by the Legacy Committee, as presented to our community on February 25, 2019, please click below:
town of paris community center 2_25_19
Paris Legacy Committee April 2019
PARIS LEGACY COMMITTEE
Presentation of Project Concepts to Paris Town Board
June 25, 2019
In developing the concepts presented to the Paris Town Board for consideration, the Legacy Committee worked very hard to solicit, hear, read, discuss, process, and implement community feedback on the initial concepts proposed at the 2-25-19 Plan Commission information night at Paris School.
The committee received great feedback, and we found that there were three main themes revealed from those who shared concerns about the projects.
- Cost of projects
- Overlap of Paris School use of Community Center if built at school site
- Security (student/staff safety) of Community Center if built at school site
The projects presented this evening address all three main areas of concern in the following manners:
- Open options for development of Town Hall site, if any
- By eliminating the new transitional building between Paris School and Community Center, there is a significant reduction of square footage of new construction, reducing building cost. Eliminating this also removes overlap of school use of Community Center facility, with the exception of the gymnasium.
- Moving the new gymnasium/walking track next to the existing school building and building the Community Center to the south side of the gymnasium/walking track allows the construction of a single story building to house the Community Center, again reducing cost.
- Moving the Community Center to the south side of the gymnasium/walking track allows greater availability of the Community Center during the day, as that facility can be fully secured from access to the school.
- Minimal renovations to the existing school building creates safe access between school and gymnasium, reducing cost yet ensuring safety for all.