The following are a list of building and zoning related topics.
- Town Building Inspector: Bluestone Inspection Services for building permits. Contact Justin Border at 262-749-8777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building, Electrical and Plumbing Inspector for Commercial and Residential: Please use the link below to start all residential permit. The link will ask you to set up a login and create a password. Next you get the permit application. From this site you can electronically pay for the permit and check on the status of your permit. https://permitting.kenoshacountywi.gov/eTRAKiT/
This permit is a paper permit that can be printed and mail to Bluestone Inspection Services at 19600 75th Street suite 185-3 Bristol, WI 53104. https://dsps.wi.gov/Documents/Programs/UDC/SBD5823.docx
- Building Code Used: Wisconsin Dwelling Code for residential. Permits are required. Permits can be obtained at the Building Department. Bond, General licenses and Business licenses are required. Blueprints are required for commercial and residential building, and a licensed Architects Seal is required for commercial building.
- Fuel Tank Removal or Installation: Inspector or Officer who enforces this ordinance; Town of Paris Fire Dept., 16607 Burlington Rd. Kenosha, WI 53182. Phone #262-859-3006 extension 2. Local license is not required. Contractor's bond is not required. Permits and fees are required.
- Storm Water Control: by the Dept. of Natural Resources.
- Electrical Code Used: Current National Electrical Code. Local license, registration fee, bond is not required. Permits and fees are required. Electrical Commission: No.
- Main Disconnects: Single main switch is required.
- Plumbing Code Used: Current State Plumbing Code, Plumbing license is required and drain layers license is required. Bond is not required; permits are required, and fees are required.
- Board of Health Inspectors: Kenosha County Health Dept., 8660 Sheridan Road, Kenosha, WI 53143. Phone: (262) 605-6700, Fax: (262) 605-6715. Best time to contact: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Air Conditioning – Heating – Ventilation: Current Wisconsin State Code. Bond is not required. Local license is required. Permits are required.
- Roofs: Local Code, 2 roof layers allowed before tear-off. Permits and fees are required.
- Fire Inspector Officer-Sprinkler Fitters Requirements: State of Wisconsin Administrative Code. Permits and fees are required. Inspector or Officer who approves the fire sprinkler system: Paris Fire Dept. 16607 Burlington Road, Union Grove, WI 53182. Phone: (262) 859-3009
- Fire Alarm Systems: Paris Fire Dept. Phone (262) 859-3009. Pre-engineered fire suppression State employee licenses is required. Installation permit is required. Engineered fire suppression system company and employee state license are required. Certificate of installation or inspection is required. Functional test witnessed by the fire dept. is required. Fire alarm systems, company and employee. Municipal license are required. Installations permit is required. Certificate of installation of inspection is required. Functional test witnessed by the fire dept. is required. Monitoring by the Fire Dept is required.
- Zoning Commissioner: Kenosha County Planning and Zoning Development. 19600 75th St. Bristol, WI 53104. Phone: (262) 857-1895. Fax: (262) 857-6508. Best time to contact. 8 a.m. to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Planning Commissioner: Jeff Badtke, 1520 136th Ave, Union Grove, WI 53182. Phone: (262) 515-7078. Best time to contact: 8 a.m., Monday through Friday. See Chapter 13 under Town Ordinances for link to land division ordinance.