Like other communities, Paris is experiencing a troubling increase in crime, including home invasions, breaking and entering and distraction burglary. The Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department is actively investigating all reports that are turned in. The Sheriff’s Department suggests the following as deterrents:
- Make sure you lock your home and your vehicles, even when you are home.
- Consider installing a doorbell camera or other camera system on your property.
Footage from cameras can be used by deputies to develop leads or identify suspects.
- If someone arrives at your door claiming to be a utility worker, feel free to ask for identification, then ask them to remain on your porch while you lock your door and call the utility and confirm that there is a work order for your property. Do not allow anyone to enter your home until you are comfortable.
- If you are not expecting a service call or delivery from anyone, feel free to not answer the door.
- Watch your neighborhood for unusual or suspicious activity. Do not feel you need to investigate – accurate descriptions of people, vehicles or license plates can be useful information for the detectives.